07 September 2019

Dragon and phoenix


Many, many years ago, I got myself a drake mount in World of Warcraft after some mind-numbing reputation grind.

Got a few more drake mounts since then but of the less 'pretty' version, the one I grinded for has translucent wings and got nice light trail when in flight. =)


Blizzard gotta make money, so to make sure players keep paying the monthly subscription they have many of these tedious and absolutely not fun grinds.

Curse myself for being such a sucker, I recently decided I want to get the rare dragon and phoenix mounts.

Both of those mounts have very low drop chance in raid dungeons, meaning each character can only do it once every week for those not familiar with World of Warcraft.

Raid dungeons are meant for 10 to 25 level appropriate players. But the mounts I am eyeing for are in old content, meaning low level raid dungeons and I have several characters high enough level to be able to handle those raid dungeons solo.

Thus the grind began.


On my eleventh attempt I got the dragon mount, woohoo!

astral dragon mount

Oh ya, not just any normal dragon mount, but the starry translucent type.

Well, it's called the astral cloud serpent in the game but to me this is a dragon, the oriental version.



Still running the raid dungeon solo for the phoenix mount, currently seventeenth attempts.

Hope I can get it soon.



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: