04 August 2018

That's okay


There will be times when we need to put up a facade at work, masking the turmoil we are going through, because we are responsible adult, because of professionalism.

As I have said many times, some colleagues are just colleagues, some colleagues are also friends. And even among friends, there are different levels of closeness and kinship. Given my limited energy, I zealously guard who I spend it with.

We view and interact with others based on our own principles and beliefs, our own perception of good and bad, right and wrong. At times, our perceptions and opinions will be at odd with other's. That's okay, we are all unique.

We are all unique, just like everyone else. Sorry, I couldn't resist. =)

Anyway, those who want to understand the other's viewpoint will listen with an open heart, those who only want to push through their own view will loudly harp on regardless of what the others are saying.

Sometimes, there simply is no point to continue the conversation.

That's okay, we cannot force understanding. We have to believe that those who really do care, will try their best to understand, as for those who don't, why should we care whether they understand or not?

I am an introvert, I am antisocial, and I frequently suffer from depression. Social interaction is a drain of energy to me, and any observant person will notice that I am pretty low on energy lately.

So ya, social gathering with colleagues does not interest me in the least. Unlike those who feel relax at such occasion, it's actually a chore for me, where I have to expend energy that I already severely lack.

I do not believe in self-poisoning, and I do not find alcohol-addled mind and behaviour amusing. Also, regardless of who is paying the bill, a restaurant that inflates the price of a Coke six times over offends my sensibility. I am sure there will be people who still find the value in that, but I am not one of them, and I don't want to be one who supports this kind of business ethics.

Anyway, whatever, I don't expect most to understand, and that's okay.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: