23 June 2018

Better luck next time


I bought this board game called Mage Knight a while back but had always been daunted by the complexity of it.

The rule books are not that user friendly, I must have gone through them (yes there are two books) three or four times already, and still I need frequent references during game play.

I have finally completed the first game earlier this week with my elder son, took us the whole afternoon just to play through the introductory scenario...

This weekend I started my solo scenario, which is the main reason I bought this game, since reviews said Mage Knight is fantastic as a solo game.

And I agree. =)

I played two solo conquests so far, took me around four hours each game. It's definitely not a casual game, need to set aside a large chunk of time to play this.

First solo game was a clear lost, I couldn't even reached the second city, let alone conquer it. Did felt good to conquer the first city though.

Played the second solo game this afternoon, thought I won, and was really excited about it, until I questioned myself on the huge amount of wound I took in the second city battle and I went searching for verification.

Turned out I should have been knocked out, so it's just a happy mistake, I didn't win, oh well...

Now I know and I will keep that in mind for my next game.

I will beat this solo conquest, eventually, I hope.



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: