13 June 2018

Bad maths


Saw an image posted in one of my WhatsApp groups today, saying that we are at the midpoint of the year, day 183 of the 365.

I didn't think much of it when I saw it, as it was during a brief break in between badminton games. I even told the other badminton players about it.

Don't know why I gave it another thought just now, but I wondered why the midpoint is not nearer to the end of June, so I did some quick maths in my mind...

...and realised it's yet another one of those unverified-just-repost messages, for today is not day 183 of the year!

31 days in January, 28 days in February, 31 days in March, 30 days in April, 31 days in May and 13 days in June so far made a total of 164 days.

We are still 19 (18.625) days from midpoint, okay? And that's 2nd of July, 15:00 hours.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: