27 April 2018

-1


My well-being above my job, I made that paradigm shift a few years back.

Regardless of how much we give, the company would just replace us when we fall.

The company cares about making money, employees are simply substitutable headcounts.

Well, even before that shift in mindset, I am proud of being the slacker extraordinaire anyway.

It's just that before the paradigm shift, I might still feel guilty or unease, and pulled many overtimes at the cost of my well-being, my work/life balance.

No more. My well-being comes first now.

Don't get me wrong, I do my job the best I can, responsibility is my strength, and I have my own standard to live up to.

But I am proud of being slacker extraordinaire.

So I feel ashamed when I have to work overtime, such non-slacker-ish thing.

And today, I was caught doing overtime by a terminal workaholic. Well, THE terminal workaholic, who promptly rubbed it in.

So disgraceful.

Slacker point -1.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: