10 May 2016

JPJ efficiency 2016


Went to JPJ to renew my road tax last Friday, and again yesterday.

Had to go twice because on last Friday morning, after I waited in a packed JPJ for about 20 minutes, they announced that the system was down. Not having the luxury to wait until they got their system up and running again, I gave up and went to work.

Yesterday morning, with a slightly less packed JPJ and a working system, I got my road tax paid.

I did silently prayed all through the waiting for the system to stay up and not pull another act of working first then died, like last Friday.

There were five counters opened for road tax and other relevant business. They were serving number 4128 at 09:40 hours, mine was 4185. 56 people before me.

My number was finally called at 10:13 hours.

33 minutes for 56 people, with 5 counters opened, so on average a counter used 176.8s to serve a customer. Slightly less than 3 minutes, not bad.

Here's a similar post on JPJ efficieny for last year, on a different business.

I had everything prepared for my turn, so it was a good morning, a clear statement of what I wanted to do, handling over of my car grant and the exact change, the wait for the printout and handling back of my documents, and finally the thank you.

Took me slightly less than 2 minutes.

JPJ might be there on efficiency, but seriously lacking on the right service provider attitude.

The customer, me, has better manner and attitude than the one providing the service. No good morning or thank you or you are welcome from the service provider. Lame.

Oh well, seems to be the norm for governmental department, go figure.


No comments: