09 September 2015

Six years


Six years ago, on the 9th of September 2009, my department moved to ulu place.

We have moved our office location once since then, just from one building to another, within the ulu place site.

While I am still with the same department, I have changed manager three times.

We moved to be closer to some other departments, our main customers so to speak. The major one that was said to be the main reason for the move has closed a few years back, and our main customer since then is closing by the end of the month.

Hmm...

Oh well.

The only constant is change.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Anyway, this also means that we have been playing badminton for six years now. ^_^

However, these few days, especially after purchasing the last batch of shuttlecocks, I am thinking about whether it's time to stop. The ever rising cost is one thing, the other is whether my body is still up to this.

Another thing on my mind to stop is the creation of the tiny birthday cards. I am thinking this is the last year. I just, hmm... actually I am not quite sure why.

The part-joking-part-honest quick answer is that this is not conducive to my evil reputation. Though lately I have that feeling of being taken for granted, and the feeling that I am wasting my time and effort on something people don't appreciate anyway.

Maybe it's just the depression.

Anyway, six years.

Can't say I like ulu place, but I got used to it. Driving 101km everyday is still bollocks, but I supposed it's less stressful than being stuck in the island industrial zone traffic jam.


No comments: