26 September 2015

Progress


Or the lack of... -_-

Anyway, needed to refer to a paper while working on the thesis today, wanted to make sure I quoted the right source.

So I went to the storage space and unearthed the box that contains my PhD stuff. Box 22, numbered for the shipment back from England all those years ago.

Appropriate enough, top most in the box are newspaper clippings of all things depression related. Yes, go figure.

The bio-degradable plastic bin bag I used to protect the PhD stuff has started its disintegration process, bits and pieces everywhere. Meh!

Anyway, found the paper I needed and got my facts right.


My supervisor suggested to remove from the thesis some of the stuff I did. It's not needed, he said, downgrading from a PhD thesis to a MPhil thesis.

I did the research in the thermal management of electric motor and the power electronics that drives the system. The work on electric motor thermal management, while not as hefty as my work on the power electronics thermal management, still was genuine hard work.

The time and effort I put in is going to amount to nothing now with the removal of everything related to electric motor in the thesis.

Just because the cooling of the electric motor is trivial compared to the cooling of the power electronics doesn't mean there's nothing to learn from it, you know?

Oh well, bollocks! I just want to get this over with.

It's with great reluctance that I completely removed a chapter, and modified the rest to expunge everything to do with electric motor thermal management.

All that time and effort to do the research and then to produce the chapter, gone.


No comments: