24 September 2013

Love language


At the beginning of the year, one of my resolutions is to be a better husband.

Since I have always try my best to be a good husband, I haven't a clue what to do to be a better husband.

So as per our norm, I asked my wifey directly what sort of things I can do to be a better husband.

She didn't give me anything tangible that I can act on, so after a month I pretty much accepted that resolution as a lost cause.

Until now.

Thanks to the 5 Love Languages website, I now have the love language profile of my dear wifey. ^_^

Unfortunately her primary love language is the least of mine, meaning the way she expresses her love is unfortunately something that doesn't affect me on an emotional level. It also means that I seldom use this form to communicate love, which is something she understands as expression of love the most.

Oopsy... >_<

But it's okay, now I know her primary love language, I can change to express my love for her in that way, the way she appreciates the most.

Now I have something actionable to be a better husband, yay!

And loving my wife is just the most natural of all things, I just have to express it in the language she preferred. ^_^


No comments: