14 September 2013

Homemade birthday card


If you are one of the lucky, or unlucky (depends on point of view) persons who has received a (or more) homemade birthday card from me, and still expect to be receiving card from me, then this entry is for you.

Since ditching the commercially available card all those years ago, the homemade birthday card started with A4 art paper with my childish handwriting, plus a bunch of signatures and birthday wishes scribbled on it

behold! Homemade birthday 'card'

Nothing wrong with the nicely made commercially available birthday cards, but they lack that personal touch and so they are a bit 'cold', a tad less sincerity and 'heart' compared to a homemade card.

The commercially available card being a lot more expensive than an A4 art paper was probably the main reason for the change but I am going to stick with the reasoning above. =P

Anyway, after the A4 art paper came the tiny birthday card version. Gone was the decorative art by real artists who designed the A4 art paper, and you got stuck with whatever graffiti I put on to pass as decorative art.

nothing says 'cheap' better than a homemade card =P

It's probably no coincidence that the change from A4 art paper to tiny card happened as my salary increment is not keeping up with the inflation but the official reason I am sticking with is something to do with going green, save the trees, don't waste too much paper, that sort of things. =P

latest batch comes with childish colouring on top of childish handwriting

Anyway, I am writing this mainly to inform you that I am running out of the tiny cards. Even though I have been searching the stationery section of bookstores and shopping centres recently, I have yet to find similar replacement.

So, erm... if we are still on a friendly term and you don't receive a birthday card from me, it's probably not because I don't like you anymore...

And if you receive a birthday card that's even cheaper than what it was, it's probably also not because I don't like you anymore but because of the recent inflation of petrol price and hence the chain effect on other goods.

So this is a heads up, if you used to get, but don't get a birthday card this year, or get one that redefines 'cheap' to the next level, it's most likely because I cannot find similar replacement for the current tiny cards.

Or I don't like you anymore. =P

 

No comments: