09 February 2012

Speedy Slacker


After 16+ years of driving, I got my first ever speeding ticket.

There goes my clean sheet. Bummer.

There is a first time for everything, though something I simply just forgo. For example smoking.

I am a law-abiding citizen*. I am a responsible and considerate driver, really I am. =)
* initially I wanted to say I am a pretty law-abiding citizen, but my twisted sense of humour wanted to type it as "I am pretty, law-abiding citizen". =P

I was following a colleague's car when the speeding happened, I wasn't really paying attention to the speedometer, focused on following as we were heading to a dinner and I wasn't sure of the way.

And the colleague was following another colleague, who was also following another colleague. Basically I was the fourth and last car in the series, though the police only caught me speeding but not the other three.

Just my luck. =(

I guess the police was made aware of the speeding cars when the first colleague drove passed, he tried to focus his camera on the second car but it zoomed passed, so he used the third car to adjust his focus and with that he was able to capture the fourth...

>_<

Oh well, my own fault. So there goes the money I don't have to pay the fine.

=(

 

No comments: