18 February 2012

Addictions


My addictions come and go.

Mayhap addiction is too strong a word but it's the one that popped into my mind when I started writing this entry.

Probably should just call it great interest, or hobby, or things that got my attention for the time being.

Anyway, a few past "addictions" that came to my mind are all gaming related: Diablo, Starcraft, Starcraft map editing, Diablo II, World of Warcraft. I used to spend a lot of time in these, but they no longer hold me.

I may go back to World of Warcraft once in a while, but no longer with the devotion and time I put in way back when I started it.

Computer gaming is still something I enjoy immensely, I just no longer have the luxury of much gaming time. It's sad, really. =(

Some "addictions" have lasted though, I am still an avid reader, and I still write and share. The media or format might have changed from a section of a personal website to a personal blog, but I am still writing and sharing all these years.

If only I were filthy rich and could do whatever I like with no financial worries, I would have been dawdling with story writing, I would have been fiddling with photography, I would have been a dedicated game tester (and sharing my reviews) or conquering World of Warcraft with every possible race, class and faction combinations playing through all the quests, dungeons, raids and even battlefields.

If only.

Anyway, back to reality, today I have discovered my latest addiction. I am addicted to sleeping, I could stay in bed all day long given the chance.

Maybe it's just because for months now I have been working long hours like a slave. But meh! Sleeping feels so darn good!

Do not disturb while I am sleeping, I bite. =P

No comments: