17 May 2011

Reprieve



Had a long day yesterday, in the dungeon till 19:30 hours, then worked till 23:30 hours after dinner. Stuff that we got to work in the morning stopped working after lunch, that really put me in a rather glum mood. (mood -1)

Though I was tired as hell, I just couldn't sleep in the night. Probably it's near full moon again.

This morning when I finally drifted off to sleep, the two kings tried their very best to generate as much noise as possible. Eventually I got out of bed and gave them a good scolding. (mood -3)

Never disturb my sleep, I will bite. Really.

Of course I couldn't get back to sleep anymore, so I am feeling rubbish the whole day.

Got a bit of peace and quiet time after lunch, when the little king was taking his afternoon nap and the older king was contented watching the television.

I went to my room with a chilled can of Coke, popped open a packet of junk food, and read Michael Crichton's Airframe. I felt much better after that little time out. (mood +2)

A bit of peace and quiet time, that's all I ask.

And undisturbed rest!


No comments: