17 August 2009

No more Leverage


No, I did not lose my handle on someone to use said person to do my evil deeds (yes I am evil if you haven't realised that). I don't have that kind of leverage (wish I had!) and sadly I am usually the minion doing the evil deeds of a greater evil.

Me is kacang puteh evil nia. =(

Anyway... it's not that kind of leverage I want to talk about, it's the TV series Leverage that had been showing on AXN. Season 1 has ended last week and deprived me of my Monday night entertainment. =(

So I am writing this review now instead of being a couch potato gluing to the television. Have to think and type, so... hard... work... *pant* *pant* =P

Leverage is a nice TV series, the storyline is kind of like modern day Robin Hood, a band of thieves working together to punish the white collar criminals and wrong-doers while helping the innocent victims.

High technology gadgets coupled with some spy movie stunts, plus all the cheeks thrown in among the main actors and actresses, make this series a gripping watch.

If you like Mission Impossible than you would like this series, just minus the car chase, less dramatic explosions, fewer gun fights, but nevertheless good. Think of it as a "lite" version with five main characters instead of one, with added humours from the interactions of these five with diverse backgrounds.

The five are the master mind, the seductress, the hi-tech geek, the muscle, and the nimble thief. Of the five I like the nimble thief the most, since she is adorable and a bit crazy, just like me! I meant the crazy bit, not the adorable bit okay? Stop puking already...

"Parker" (Beth Riesgraf), the crazy but nimble one. Image source

Personally, I score Leverage 8.5 out of 10. Me likey!




On a totally unrelated note:
a touch of blue lately, the return of the depression?

No comments: