10 June 2008

That Thingy Beside the URL

I am a simpleton simple person.

Simple person derives happiness from simple thing.

Like my favicon (favourite icon) finally showing up.


that's me icon, yes sir it is!

When that website was fresh and new, I looked up the html for the favicon, searched high and low for a graphical software that can produce the .ico file. I tried and tried, and then tried some more. Yet despite following the html to the letter, my favicon refused to work.

Disappointed, I gave up. That was six years ago.

Either Internet Explorer 7 had an update, or more likely Lycos Tripod had an upgrade in the past few days, for my favicon suddenly appeared!

Wah lau, magic!

Me is happy. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that you mentioned it, I see...
I remember how frustrated you were trying to make it work... Finally, it's here without even trying... Ha!