31 December 2007

2007

- A good year -

In the last few hours of 2007 I simply have to go down the memory lane to revisit the past events that had left deeper than usual impressions.
  • just a few days before it turned 2007, I resumed my diary writing and online sharing, after the two years hiatus when I was at the lowest point of my life thus far.

  • in celebration of me writing and sharing again I gave Sharing Corner a face lift!

  • left England after 9.5 years, back to be with family and for an anxiously awaited new life. Gave up British residency in doing so.

  • landed myself my first full time job, summer jobs and cheap labour research period notwithstanding. Got to know the colleagues over the months, some became friends. They enriched my life.

  • got a car under my name, the thing is, I didn't buy it. It was a present from daddy, felt both grateful and inadequate.

  • baby boy finally arrived! After the consecutive miscarriages on the evil day and a few months after, the joy of the birth was indescribable. I am a father!

  • turned 30, bye bye 20s. Received a car... wrapping as birthday present.

  • wanted to do something impulsive as I turned 30 so I created a blog on the spur of the moment, something that has been lurking at the back of my mind since a few months back.

  • went to the States for the first time, honestly didn't think I would set foot in that country so soon.

  • being applied copious amount of cosmetics, put on a wig, and made to catwalk like a woman in front of colleagues from four departments. Got the wrong kind of "publicity" the whole night too. Are you having fun yet? =)


All in all, a great year, here's hoping 2008 will be another good one. Happy New Year!

No comments: