06 December 2007

Circle of Colleagues

- Social skill... what? -

Need to come up with a name list of at least five colleagues for my first ever performance review.

The performance review is important, it determines whether or not I require improvement, whether or not I get a pay rise, whether or not I keep my job. It's a big deal.

I gave it a long thought trying to come up with five colleagues who really know me and my work. The first name came readily, the second was easy too but with a drop in relevance, the third was a stretch, and I could not think of anymore.

Got my buddy to share his brainwave but he was at a lost too after hearing the three names I came up with.

I have been with the company for six months now, and I can't think of five colleagues who really know me and my work.

It's disheartening.



Initially I named this entry Circle of Friends, then it got me thinking, among the people I know at work, how many are friends and how many are just colleagues? Those who call me friend kindly voice up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Don't worry, you are on the right track." This is what my bosses used to tell me. :)