28 March 2017

Solo act


Today's the quarterly session for my usual karaoke gang.

Quarterly session, sounds so... formal, but that's the idea: in hope that the gang will think of it as something of importance, and to give it appropriate priority.

The idea is saving that one day every quarter for a karaoke session, usually it means taking a day off to not be bothered by work and to enjoy the cheaper day rate.

It's not asking too much, is it?

To me it's not. Others may think differently.

Anyway, we pulled in the quarterly session slightly to coincide with a birthday, thinking we could get birthday discount. But found out today the birthday person has to be a member to enjoy the discount.

Oh well.

So that's actually the karaoke session for the second quarter of the year, which really only starts next week. =P


An enjoyable session, with the usual laughters and some really impressive singing from others that gave me goosebumps, in a pleasant way.

When I commented about that, a friend said she also gets goosebumps listening to me sing. I didn't ask her whether it's the pleasant type or the horrid type, haha!

I think I did okay singing solo songs that the lyrics I can resonate with. Singing with feeling.

But somehow I am horrible at singing duet. In the recent few sessions I have tried a few duet songs and pretty much ruined every one of them... >_<

Why huh?

Probably should practise the duet songs with another singer to get used to the timing and key instead of just practising the songs by myself.

But then the others can do it so well...

Should just admit I suck at duet, hahaha!



Other |enjoyable events| category entries.


No comments: