21 May 2015

JPJ efficiency


My driving license expired on 15th May 2015, I had no choice but to take off early from my crazy work schedule to go renew my driving license.

Arrived and took my ticket at 15:59 hours, I was number 1306, they were serving number 1292 at that time.

14 people before my turn.

My first step involved documentation check and payment, it was done by 16:18 hours.

19 minutes to serve 15 people. Average of 1 minute and 16 seconds to serve one customer, nice.

I was sent to another room for the second step, photo taking, which was done at 16:20 hours. 2 minutes after step one, nice.

The third and last step was to wait and collect my renewed driving license. Well, they made a new card for me actually, which I collected at 16:24 hours. 

25 minutes for the whole process, not bad JPJ!

Could have been better if you had more than two counters serving the customer for this kind of request, and no need for the split room steps, just do it in one go. Half that time is reasonably achievable.

But not bad really, I honestly expected a lot more time wasted for this.


No comments: