06 August 2014

What's your strength?


Do you know your strength?

My usual answer to that is "I can lift 20kg!" =P

Jokes aside, I know my weaknesses a lot better than I know my strengths. And I suppose this has just been proven right yesterday after I got my results from Strengths Finder 2.0.

Did that because manager is coming to town and he wants us to go through our strengths (natural talents really, see below) together so he can utilise us better.

Before I proceed, if you know me well enough, I am mightily curious what you perceived as my top five strengths? If it's not too much trouble, kindly inform me through your preferred communication mean: comment, private message, verbal face to face, et cetera. All welcome and much much MUCH appreciated.

Please do that before you continue, at least write them down first so you don't get influenced by the following content.



Okay, I think this is a good time to clarify some terms based on Strengths Finder (which really helps us find our talents, to be develop into strengths). =)

Talent = core personality trait, a natural way of thinking, feeling, or behaving

Investment = time spent practicing, developing your skills, and building your knowledge base

Strength = Talent x Investment. The ability to consistently provide near-perfect performance

Example, on a scale of 1 to 5:

Person 1 - born with gene to have large biceps (talent = 5), but does not exercise those muscles regularly (investment = 1), the biceps size (strength) would be 5 x 1 = 5

Person 2 - born with gene to have medium biceps (talent = 2), exercises and workout regularly (investment = 5), the biceps size (strength) would be 2 x 5 = 10

Person 3 - born with gene to have large biceps (talent = 5), exercises and workout regularly (investment = 5), the biceps size (strength) would be 5 x 5 = 25, huge indeed!

That's the idea behind Strengths Finder, to identify our talents and develop them into strengths. Literally playing to our strength, for that's where we can truly shine.


Alrighty...

If I had to come up with my top five talents/strengths based on self-perception, these are what I think they are:
- attention to details
- analytical
- discipline
- responsible
- perseverance

Since this entry is long enough as it is, think I will stop here and share the Strengths Finder results in another entry. This will give me some time to digest the results and get over my shock and denial. =P

Please do tell me what you perceived as my top five strengths, thank you!



No comments: