14 May 2011

Dungeon Master



Oh, how I wish this is about board game, of which I have several.

Since I have gone through all the missions and maps and what not of those board games, naturally I should be the dungeon master else I would have unfair advantages if I were one of the players.

Only I do not have a group of like-minded friends who can spend the few hours every week for a game or two. =\

But alas, this entry is not about board game.


Ever since Nelson coined the word "dungeon" to describe laboratory, I have been using it whenever I have to spend extensive time in the lab.

The latest being these last three days. Went in after breakfast, only to resurface briefly for lunch and then back in until late evening.

Lifting, fitting, tweaking, fixing, trying, testing, heating, cooling, pumping, head-scratching, troubleshooting, and making a puddle on the floor.

All the while my e-mail inbox is filling up and all other stuff pretty much got ignored. There ain't no time to spare while in dungeon mode.

And it's going to continue until we brought the system up and running. We are almost done, with luck Monday will be the last time I enter the dungeon.

One can hope. =)

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. As this is relevant work for a irresistible hot and tantalising cool thermal engineer, I am helping to bring up the thermal subsystem of a machine. You know, dealing with hot stuff or just staying cool. =P

Does mean I am busier than usual though. So if you tried to contact me via instant messaging or e-mail but did not get a timely response, I wasn't being rude or ignoring you. I might just be sticking my head in the machine checking stuff or getting my hands dirty and wet trying to stop the leakages.

I am simply in the dungeon mode. =)


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

slacker point -10

CK said...

NooOooOoOOooo!!! Not my slacker points!

I object! Slacker points harder to earn than winning Munchkin, everytime +1 nia now you take away 10 points in one go?

Neva!