31 December 2008

Bye bye 2008


As 2008 is coming to an end, it's fitting to spend a while reflecting on the achievements obtained and count the number of resolutions accomplished.

You know, this is going to be really easy for me since my 2008 is lacklustre at best.

Nothing worthy comes to my mind for achievement. The only thing I can think of is that tagged-along department award which by sheer dumb luck I just happened to be with the right group of colleagues who did all the super high-tech advance stuff. I contributed next to nothing, so that doesn't count.

If I really stretch it, I could say that my one achievement is that I still have my job. Slacker extraordinaire is still employed, maybe that count for something?

As for the resolutions set at the beginning of 2008, well... I didn't accomplished any of it.
  • Half marathon: nope, didn't happen, stopped the training when I was sick and never did resume.
  • Archery: thought and still thinking of picking it up again, but never did happen.
  • Photography: same story as archery.
Not just that, I have a few ideas and things that I like to do, but just hasn't happened, like:
  • the guide about basics of photography I wanted to write and post on my blog
  • finish the Baldur's Gate series, I have had the game for ages!
  • get a baby girl in the year of the Rat, so we can have "Snake" and "Rat" in the house! =P
  • and so on...
Me is weak. >.<

Ah well. To make myself feel better, I did started a vibrant vocabulary category in this blog, those "Vocabulary Lesson with CK" entries to spread the language polution, hehehe.

Also started the gross grafitti category simply because a colleague said I have talent and I am gullible enough to be fooled.

It's safe to say that my 2008 is simply MEH!. To avoid the same thing happening in 2009, I am not going to set any resolution! =P

Well, maybe just a few things that I really like to do... I have promised to bug a colleague more and got thanked for that, so I have to keep the promise. Make baby. Maybe get a mobile phone (yea, the sky is falling!). Make baby. Help to get Nelson 'Kok Kok' Tan even more well-known. Make baby. Make more fun of myself. Make baby.

Did I mention I want to get a baby in 2009? Preferably girl. Already have His Royal Highness King Baby Hsiang, who was made in England. We want one made in Malaysia! Haven't succeeded thus far, I think we gotta try the Titanic style 'hand on steamed glass thingy'. =D

Happy new year everyone, may your 2009 be fantastic!


Make baby! =P

3 comments:

江边鸟 said...

hahaa ~ concentrate on ur baby gal making :) We have even prepared a nice name for her already -- Goh Pek Si (吴碧丝)

Happy New Year ~~~!!!!

Unknown said...

Work harder...coz u lost to Ling Li already... :D

CK said...

Oh my goodness!

Polly left a comment!

This is not a dream, is it?

=P


Nelson, happy new year to you and I am ignoring your name suggestion. Ignored when you first said it, ignoring it still whenever you mention it.

Bloody kok kok tan...