15 January 2008

When CK Isn't CK

A lady colleague asked a male colleague to help her install naughty stuff a software on her laptop this morning, since we were all in the same room attending an audio conference I shared my laptop so we all could see the presentation being discussed.

An instant message chat happened, I have forgotten the actual wordings but the gist of the chat is as follow:

LL (the lady colleague): hello CK I am LL
CK: hello LL I am CK
CK: do you miss me?
LL: miss you lor
CK: I miss you too
LL: thinking of you all night
CK: miss you so much
(et cetera, et cetera mushy mushy stuff)

Shocking isn't it?

How could that be me? Talking to a lady friend like that? If talking to my wife okay understandable, but to a lady friend? What's happened to me?!?!

While it's possible that I am schizophrenic since I do talk to myself (first sign of insanity!) when I am pondering, it wasn't the case this morning.

You see, the male colleague was using the lady friend's laptop to send out messages while the lady friend took over my laptop to reply. I gotta say, it's hilarious seeing them went on and on, one pretending to be a lady the other pretending to be a guy replying to "herself".

They added some other friends to witness the "mushiness" so I had to remind the lady friend that it's not only my reputation she was ruining, it's hers as well.

The chat ended rather promptly. Heh.

People taking over as me in Instant Messenger was not uncommon, for my colleagues are veli the hiong one, they just take over by force one! Also I often left myself signed in to Messenger while at home even when I am not physically in front of the computer, like when attending to my baby son or when using the restroom, my wife could be using the computer at those times.

So, here are a few things to help you out when you suspect CK is not really CK. =)

- I don't type in ALL UPPER CASE since that's equivalent to shouting and I am a polite person (yea really!)
- I do capitalise where appropriate like "I", name of people, town, country, etc.
- I don't replace "you" with "u", "before" with "b4", all those English butchering "words"
- I do use abbreviations like btw (by the way), ttyl (talk to you later), etc. (et cetera)
- I generally don't swear, I do use "shit", "bollocks", "damn" and no I don't consider them swearing =P (lately if you are the evil fun gang you might hear me say lansai, no thanks to all your influences!)

Below are some things that are worth suspecting as well:

- CK not making any typos
- CK talking like expert in cooking, dress style, etc. basically a smart CK is worth suspecting
- CK not being frank and direct
- CK defending himself when you say he is crazy
- CK who is not making fun of himself

1 comment:

江边鸟 said...

CK pretends himself as Lina Goh sometimes...