26 December 2023

Rest in peace, Brownie


Rest in peace, Brownie (3rd November 2023 to 26th December 2023), you were the friendliest and most approachable of the three hamsters we brought home early November.

You had never failed to climb onto my hand whenever I offered it. Of the three, you were the smallest in size, with the smallest eyes too.

I always felt that you were being bullied the most, and I went the extra mile to take care of you when I hand out treats, making sure you were isolated and had finished your treat before letting the other two hamsters approach you.

But I failed you, Brownie. I didn't provided you with a safe heaven where you could live to your old age. I am so sorry.

You left us so suddenly with sign of injury on your body it's a distressing shock. We don't know what happened, you were lively yesterday night and this morning you were no longer with us. Did you hurt yourself? Were you attacked by the others? I just hope you didn't had to suffer long.

I had been so busy with making the wooden linkage structures for you three that I hardly spent any time with you these few weeks, and just as I completed the weeks long task, you are gone.

We are supposed to have at least eighteen months of time together...

For the short time you were with us, I hope you enjoyed being part of the family. I miss you, Brownie, you left too soon.

Cocoa will take care of you now in hamster heaven, and Snowball too.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: