14 December 2023

I went out (15)


It has been a long while since the last entry of this series, and to be honest, I thought that was the final entry of the series.

But I kept on recording the date and reason I went out, not because I still intend to post a blog entry, but simply because I like data.

Ya, I am weird like that. =P

Despite the surge in Covid-19 cases recently, it's fair to say that people no longer care about it. Plenty of people without mask in public enclosed places for a long while now. I do still wear mask when I am out and about, and wash my hands thoroughly after I got home, but I am probably the minority nowadays.

Anyway, I went to office to work today, and this going out today marks the 365th day I went out of the house since the Movement Control Order (MCO) started back in 2020. The MCO has ended a while back, but that doesn't change the antisocial stay-at-home person that I am.

I have just crunched the data, 215 of them since July 2022. I am not going to list all 215 of them, but the top reason why I went out of the house may be a surprise to you.

I categorized the reason of going out of the house into seven category: 1. work, 2. eat out, 3. takeaway meal (to eat at home), 4. chauffeur duty, 5. visit mom at nursing house, 6. family trip, 7. others.

Chauffeur duty includes but not limited to, driving kids to and from tuition, school, activities, et cetera; pick up and drop of relatives at airport; driving wifey to places; delivery of wifey's stuff to friends or customer.

The category 'others' includes things like going to the bank, clinic, hospital, lawyer firm, car service, that sort of stuff.

There are of course days when I was out for more than one of the reasons listed, I categorized such a day under the main reason I was out, or the first thing I did on that day I was out. For example if I went to work and takeaway lunch home, the main reason is work.

So, anyway, three categories have double digit percentage out of the 215 days out, the third highest being 'eat out' at 13.0% (28 days), the second highest being 'work' at 19.5% (42 days).

The indisputable top reason I went out since July last year till now is to be a driver, a whopping 41.4% (89 days)!

Ya, data does not lie.

Alrighty, let's end this entry in the manner of this series. As of 14th of December 2023, 1388 days have past since the beginning of Movement Control Order on 18th of March in 2020. I have been out of the house 365 times in 198.3 weeks, so about 1.84 times per week on average, or about once every 3.8 days.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: