02 September 2018

Still dreaming


Back in June, thinking of capitalising on the Raya offer and the no tax period, I placed an order for a car that I like, a saloon.

Ever since, it has been a weekly query on car availability until I gave up asking in late August, accepting the fact that I will not get the car before the re-implementation of the Sales and Service Tax (SST).

So much for capitalising on the no tax period...

The agent finally called this morning, not to tell me my car is finally available, but to inform me of the approximated extra I have to pay for SST.

That would be around three thousand Ringgit Malaysia.

A cost that the dealer is not going to absorb because their sales are so good that they couldn't care less. It's all about supply and demand, and other more selfish, greedier, and darker stuff I could think of.

But wifey told me I should not think the worst of people, so I shall just stick to supply and demand instead of the agent stringing out orders to fulfil many months of sales quota for bonus, or because I didn't pay "incentive" that kind of stuff.

Yea, well...

The agent also told me no car for September, and looking more like November or end of the year for car availability.

Great, just great, so freaking fantastic. I broke my sarcasm meter long ago so I don't know how high that would have registered.

So yea, I have three dreams that I considered important, and getting a nice car being the easiest and probably the only one that I can achieve, yet here I am, still dreaming.

This is my life.



Other |runaway rants| category entries.


No comments: