06 February 2015

Understanding Introverts


Not sure how the others see me, but I know I am at least borderline antisocial, and that I am more like introvert since I am definitely not an extrovert person.

Given the choice I prefer to stay at home enjoying the peace and quiet, and do what I enjoy, like sleeping, reading and, erm... more sleeping. =P

Social gathering, particularly the large crowdy type, with lots of strangers or not so close people, is to me, tiring.

I read an online article by Schroeder Jones back in November 2013, it's a guide to understanding the introverted. I like that article very much and have taken down some notes that resonate with me.

It says that an introvert creates his/her own energy, and expends it when interacting with others. So that's why social interaction is exhausting for introverts and we need time to recharge.

An extrovert, on the other hand, gains energy from social interaction.

I also concur with the article in regards to the fact that it doesn't mean an introverted person doesn't like company, it's just that interaction is expensive so he/she doesn't want to spend it on something wasteful. We (introverts) only want to spend our precious energy on someone who wants us around, who we feel we are welcomed.

Hopefully now you know too. ^_^

  

No comments: