11 April 2012

Feeling Shaky?


Earthquake near Aceh, Indonesia, in the evening caused our condominium to shake.

I didn't feel it but wifey did, she asked me whether the building was shaking when it happened. I am just so insensitive that even when we were watching the hung bananas swaying I still couldn't feel it. 0_o

Soon after our neighbour informed us that a tsunami alert was issued so we moved our vehicles to the roof top parking area and filled up pails and buckets with water.

Just in case.

From BBC news we gathered that the earthquake was 8.5 in magnitude, initially reported to be slightly higher, and experts believe it will not cause a tsunami.

Well, let's hope not.


2 comments:

CK said...

Don't know which 'expert' predicted the tsunami to hit Penang around 9:00p.m.

But 9:00p.m. came and 9:00p.m. went, Gurney Drive remained low tide. Pity the policemen who spent ages trying to clear the place.

When will people learn that no information is better than wrong/false information?

江边鸟 said...

I can feel it even though I was lying on the floor during that time... I ran out with wife and son ~ hahaa...