19 March 2012

Family without the benefits


I have been working in the foreign dungeon for like, six months now.

Initially I didn't think it would be such a lengthy period but one thing followed another and somehow throughout this period, none of the colleagues from my department working on the same stuff was assigned there.

Just me. Guess the gullible always get the shaft. =|

Oh well, work is work, since I am not someone who shies away from getting my hands dirty, or someone who thinks himself above hands on manual work.

Honest work is honest work.

But pretty soon, I believe my assignment there is coming to an end, at least for the main project that held me there these past months.

It has been a good experience, there are always things to learn, horizon to expand, and learned I did whenever there was colleague willing to teach.

Surprisingly, though I'm borderline anti-social, I got on well enough with most of the colleagues there. At least I think so. =P

One thing that really irks me though, is that there have been many late nights, many working over the weekends and public holidays, which the colleagues there got various compensations, overtime packages, and bonuses.

I worked there alongside, and got zip, since I 'm from another el cheap-o department. =(

The colleagues there joked that I am like a family member without the benefits. So true.

Well, I guess at least it's consoling to know that I am now "family member" instead of "cheap labour's cheap labour".

...


No comments: