02 November 2010

Slacking with the Roos


Ahhh... November, the slacker month.

Here I am, in my sister-inlaw's cozy house, in front of wifey's netbook, a cup of Coke within easy reach, enjoying a peace and quiet break from all the travelling and sightseeing these few days in the land of kangaroos, koalas, beautiful seasides, and flies.


Wave Rock, Hyden, taken with Canon IXUS 800 IS

If only I had brought along a novel to read, it would have been bliss.

No worries, I substituted reading with Mario Kart on Wii. Had fun driving off cliffs, into lava and oceans, skidding on banana skins, get knocked around by tortoise shells, and generally losing horribly. ^_^


Canal Rocks, Dunsborough, taken with Canon IXUS 800 IS

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sightseeing vacation and the quality time with family.


Young & mama, taken with father-inlaw's Nikon D300*

It can be tiring though with the two kings so some solitary peace and quiet time is much appreciated in order to rejuvenate.


Hsiang racing with mama, taken with father-inlaw's Nikon D300*

It's customary to only write four entries in slacker month (instead of the usual eleven in case you haven't noticed), I am not going to change that tradition.

Usually the first entry of slacker month is written on the day with the bestest number**, but I know this year I will be zombie-like on that day as I will be flying at some ungodly hours. So here it is now, on this fine spring day.


Self-portrait, kind of, at King's Park, Perth, taken with father-inlaw's Nikon D300*

It's also customary to compare the visitor count on Scribble Pad's birthday so here they are:
2008: 4746
2009: 13300
2010: 23226

I guess I clicked the refresh button a bit too much this year... =P


Shoalwater, Rockingham, taken with father-inlaw's Nikon D300*. Sea is clean and clear unlike Boleh-Land's

I like to wish all the November babies a very happy birthday, especially to those whom I know and are close to. Everybody knows November babies rock! =P

Slacker extraordinaire, writing this entry in Fremantle, Australia.




* haven't a clue with Nikon cameras, can't even find aperture priority and no idea how to focus lock >_<
** 4, of course, d'oh!


No comments: