19 May 2008

Lycanthropy

I can always tell when it's at or near full moon, since I have difficulty in sleeping the few days before, on, and after, the actual day of a full moon.

I don't remember in what year this started, but I remember that night so many years ago, when I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night to full alertness for no apparent reason.

And the first thing I saw was that bright full moon out of the window, somehow it seemed larger than usual, and very low in the sky close to the horizon.

Enthralled and at the same time feeling a bit scared, I covered my head with my pillow (I was really young then, okay?) and peeked at the full moon until I fell asleep again.

Whether or not my full moon sleeplessness started since that day I honestly could no longer remember, but I remember that night and that huge bright full moon.

It's really until many years after, when I have been exposed to this lycanthropy notion and when I have started to take myself less seriously that I started joking about me having werewolf blood.

I heard that the sleeplessness may have something to do with the gravitational force of the moon, but hey, saying I have werewolf blood sounds so much cooler!

=P

I probably should add now that instead of gaining a lot of body hair and transforming into a wolf, I lose hair and become bald! Scary in a totally different way, hehehe. =P

And no, saying I am "colour wolf" is not funny, so don't or I will bite your head off next full moon.

No comments: