27 March 2018

Escaped


I have been with the same department since I joined the company eleven years ago.

Been through a few reorganisations, group name changes, and reported under different managers.

The job scope has changed throughout the years, not unexpected, but it's also gradually removing me from my initial role the company hired me for, one that utilises my strength and passion.

I have nothing against widening my horizon, learning new skill sets, keeping myself competitive. As long as my core strength is still the centre of my job scope.

Sadly with the latest reorganisation it's not. It's more like something taken for granted by the management nowadays. It has become the additional stuff they expect me to do while piling me with other things that has little to no relation to my core strength, but which they would gauge my performance upon.

So yea, it got to a point that I updated my resume and handed it in to another department, and went for the face to face meet up.

I didn't get a job offer, as there was none to offer at that time. I doubt I would accept it if offered anyway after learning more about the job scope. No point getting out from a shit pool just to get into another shit pool.

At least the old shit pool has familiar faces. =P

Anyway, I am not the only one who felt so with the latest reorganisation, and a colleague friend in the same group, someone who is among the first few people I met when I first joined the company all those years ago, was in the same situation.

And he got out! He got an offer from another department and he is moving out of the group in a few days.

I am sincerely happy for him, for escaping this shit pool, and I admire his courage.

All the best to him and hope we will still be as we are after the move. Don't be a stranger.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: