28 October 2017

The need for speed


Saw a colleague friend posted on Facebook the abysmal internet connection he is having these few days. He posted a speed test that is in the sub 1 Mbps region both upload and download.

Well, he is with that craptastic service provider that would probably be out of business if everything was fair and square.

But things are not fair and square in this country, so many have to endure the craptastic service provider for the lack of alternative.

I am lucky that I got out of that crap when another service provider with better option decided to install their fibre optic line in my apartment. I switched without second thought.

Sometime last year, my service provider upgraded my 8 Mbps line to a 100 Mbps line at no additional cost. Yup, you read that right.

I had no complaint with a 8 Mbps line, so a 100 Mbps line is just icing on the cake.

Anyway, out of curiosity I did a speed test to check out my internet connection just now, using speedtest.net.

all is well and good

I can only say that I have never looked back since I switched service provider. It's a no brainer.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: