11 September 2017

Random Thoughts


A third of September over.

Guess I will skip the impormptu resolution for this month as well.

-----

Reading speed has picked up.

Well, should say that my reading speed is back to the norm.

The 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series was a real damper.

Don't know what all the fuss is about, perhaps it's just the television series, because the novels are really just so so and a lot of same old same old.

Anyway, don't think I will hit my thirty books a year target.

Meh!

-----

Almost examination time, so it's a war zone at home.

Another heated morning, the 'bad cop' (me) needed to use the cane.

At lunch, when emotions were settled, I gave the kids a heart to heart talk.

Told them the importance of education, of having good grades, of being a good person.

Told them about the progression in education, how it's related to the kind of job they can get.

Told them about job searching, about resume, about reference, about interview, and about learning and application of knowledge in life, not just answering exam question.

Told them the sacrifice wifey is making, and why I am disappointed and angry when they not only do not appreciate what their mom is doing, go further to say nasty things to hurt her.

Don't know if any of it sunk in.

Probably just wasted my breath as right after lunch the shouting and scolding resumed.

*Sigh...*

-----

Don't know why I am still playing that Facebook messenger game...

The lack of content, the luck based and the long grind, part of the reason I do not play smartphone or tablet games, because they are pretty much all like this.

Yet I am still playing it.

Wonder when will I give up?



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: