17 July 2014

We have a winner!


It all started with that goodbye kiss on Monday morning, which I was a bit surprised and a bit disappointed that wifey didn't notice that I was freshly clean-shaven.

See, since I was told of my new job role more than a year ago, I have decided to keep my moustache and beard until I am done with that project. A kind of silent protest really, since I dislike that role. =P

I have stuck to that resolution since, with the exception of the two weeks when I was on business trip to The States, that was because I needed to go into a clean room environment, I didn't want the extra hassle of wearing a beard mask.

Didn't mean to shave off the moustache and beard on Monday morning really, I was just trying to manually trim a few stray moustache that the electrical shaver couldn't get rid of. But I accidentally shaved off a bit too much and so I decided to go all the way instead.

Anyway, back to wifey's lack of comment on the absence of my facial hair, when I finally asked her about it later that day, she told me it's because she was angry with the elder son when we kissed goodbye, so she didn't notice.

Okay...

I decided to find out if any of my colleagues would notice and who would be the first to say something about it.

After four days, we finally have a winner! =P

Surprisingly it's not one of the long time colleagues/friends, or lunch buddies, or badminton buddies, but a fairly new acquaintance.

Real surprise, that.

Anyway, this little venture sure says something about how forgettable or unremarkable I am, hehe.

And I think I will regrow my moustache and beard, let me stick to that resolution!


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

aiyo ~ it will be more noticeable if you have a new hair style la ~

CK said...

before we can talk about hair style, need to have hair first...