12 June 2011

Gathering


Initially, the plan is to start sharing the tidbits of my recent business trip. A few things happened yesterday which resulted in this entry instead.

Firstly, I slept till noon. Own bed is always the bestest. =P

Secondly, while I was having lunch, I got invited to dinner and gathering with a bunch of my old close friends, meaning I won't be able to blog in the evening and probably most of the night.

Thirdly, after lunch I read a novel on my bed and took a nap. I woke up at about 16:00 hours.

Fourthly, I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on online forums (or fora), which I didn't have time to follow while away on business trip.

Fifthly, the dinner and gathering lasted three rounds, the last round being in my house and ended around 03:30 hours in the morning. And really I like to share about the gathering as it matters to me more.


What a gathering... I was rather surprised when I got the invitation, have always felt that the distance is widening among us, that I am no longer updated on the recent happenings among this group of old friends.

I probably have myself to blame since I am borderline anti-social and I do not enquire much. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I like to think that my friends will share if they wanted to. Though honestly I should have known better, not everyone "eat full so free" to blog and share stuff like I do. =P

Tell when asked is more of their modus operandi, for those who don't mind sharing that is. Some simply do not share even when asked. Each to his or her own, gotta respect that.

Anyway, it has been a fantastic evening. In this one night I have catched up on so much, I felt the links reconnected somehow, and that's a wonderful feeling.

Among us, there will be three weddings in the remaining of this year, imagine that! There is a fourth as well but from what I gathered, it will be a family only affair, the bride-to-be was not among the ten of us present so no confirmation.

Reminiscence of old times brought back fond memories as well as new sharing for those who didn't know, mainly me. Learned of much that I have been left out of.

Not sure why some of them thought of me as a standard of some sort, not really comfortable with that. I have so many flaws and made so many mistakes. Oh well, can't control what the others think.

If only we had more of this kind of gathering, and everyone could just share freely and willingly. Wistful thinking I know.

Just want to reiterate, it has been a wonderful night. And I really should go to sleep now...


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

no ask them play munchkin? then they will know how evil you are :)

CK said...

Oh, these people should know me well enough... I hope.

And you better believe I have tried to get them to play Munchkin.

I need more geeky friends. =\