29 January 2011

NOX


NOX is a computer game by Westwood Studios, came out more than a decade ago in year 2000.


this is how the game looks like, and yes I am in the cemetery

Westwood Studios created some great games like the Dune series and the Command & Conquer series, but was sadly closed in 2003.


underground area, breaking a barrel with my sword that does lightning damage

NOX is a fast paced RPG with a tiny bit of puzzle solving. There are three classes to choose from, the melee oriented warrior, the magic oriented wizard, and the range attack oriented conjurer.


in the crypt, desecrating the sarcophaguses with my flaming mace

Yes yes, I know, it's like Diablo. It's not a bad thing really, RPG can't go too wrong following a great game.


a sign in the wizard tower. Alrighty, best donning my leather armour with lightning resistance

Of course there are differences between NOX and Diablo, and if one insists on calling it a Diablo clone, then it's a pretty good one.


those boxes on the floor, they are traps!

The warrior class has it's own skills, which the wizard and conjurer have no access to. While the wizard and conjurer share some common spells, wizard has access to a larger amount of spells plus can lay traps. The conjurer is not the "in between" of warrior and wizard, for the conjurer has the unique skills of charming and summoning creatures, and is the only class that can use bow and crossbow.


weapon with lightning damage is so sparkly!

I played NOX when I bought it many years back, those who know me will know I prefer magic and range over melee, so I started with the conjurer and then played the wizard. Played the conjurer first instead of wizard because I wanted to get a feel of the game before playing the flimsy wizard class. =)


I am a shuriken throwing ninja!

Some other game must have came out after I completed NOX with wizard, because I never get to the warrior. Probably it was Diablo II that came out. =P


the beholder is rather cute, beauty (and death) is in the eyes of the beholder!

Anyway, after all these years, I finally reinstalled the game and played the warrior class, and I enjoyed it. ^_^


pretty stuff is usually dangerous, like woman

Oh, I have to run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode with my Quad core. =P


level up!

Just sharing some random screeshots of the game here, I think it's pretty good for a 11 years old game.


title changed when you level up. Yes, I am legend

I am playing the conjurer class again, since I don't have the time for World of Warcraft, and DotA is just not really my cup or tea.


this one is for the DotA fans. Yes, assembling. Yes, Staff of Oblivion. Now you know =)

And yes, I am waiting for Diablo III. ^_^


this is how the Staff of Oblivion looks like in NOX, it has 250 rechargable lightning charges

No comments: