11 November 2008

Random Thoughts

Collection of random thoughts...

-----

Passing of a Legend

Michael Crichton, author extraordinaire, passed away on 4th of November 2008.

The literature world lost a brilliant star. It's an extremely sad news.

Crichton gave us masterpieces like The Andromeda Strain, Congo, Jurassic Park, Timeline, State of Fear. He was also the creator of the television series ER.

I enjoyed all the novels from Crichton that I have read so far, he had never failed to enthralled, entertained, and even enlightened me.

Great lost.

-----

Blogging, sharing

It's my hope that more of my friends and colleagues will start blogging.

I truely believe in sharing. I don't mean the deep private personal stuff but there are plenty of things to share.

We can always learn from each others, even a simple entry about our day to day life may well spark an inspiration. A sharing of an observation may well be an enlightenment to a certain reader.

Knowledge is for sharing.

And what I truely like about blogging, is that we get to know the blogger more through the writings. Human beings are multi-dimensional, we may be projecting an image at work, another image at home, and yet another during social occasions.

Through writing style and written words we can learn more about a person, perhaps a side that we never knew like how nice CK really is. Of course, writing is a habit of renewal that highly effective people practises. =)

So come on my friends and colleagues, start blogging, start sharing!

Oh, please inform me and I will link you! =)

-----

Knots

Love is in the air!

Two lady colleagues will have their wedding ceremony this weekend.

It's always nice to know loving couples tying the knot and start the next chapter of their lives together.

Marriage is a sacred thing.

I wish them the best of luck and... "you go gal! It's YOUR day!"

-----

Ideal world

The company will be a lot better if we had a Win-Win system, and the employees possessed the maturity, integrity and selflessness to think and see the bigger picture instead of the tunnel vision that only benefit a certain individual, group, project, or department.

Too bad selfishness prevails and many just want to avoid additional tasks, put up a close-minded defensive wall to stop any constructive discussion, push the ball of responsibility around. All at the expense of the success of the project as a whole.

Who cares? As long as I don't get the extra work and don't get the blame that will impact my annual review. Right?

=\

Empathic listening is so seriously lacking, so is the willingness to find a common alternative that benefits all parties.

Sad, but true.

At least I can always dream of an ideal world.

-----


There will only be four entries this month, and this is the second.

No comments: