09 May 2018

Hot Indonesia Curry (2)


Wifey asked me some questions about my last polling experience.

Of course I don't remember, goldfish memory for the win! =P

But that's one of the main reasons I have this blog, my online dairy, hehe.

So I checked the entry I wrote five years ago to see if I had recorded the information she seeks.

Well, didn't have all the timing information she wanted, so this time I made sure I note down the time.

I made my way to my polling station after my morning meeting and breakfast, entered the compound at 09:58 hours.

Located the designated room and went to the back of the queue, about 30 people in front of me.

Noticed that the sun was going to shine on the queue as it shifts towards noon, so started to formulate an alternative queue location to get us out of the sun.

About 25 minutes in, when the sun was starting to bother the queue, I saw my chance when someone in uniform walked passed, I halted him and asked in my broken Malay: "boleh tukar queue ke sana kah?"

I spoke out loud enough for those surrounding me to hear and gestured the queue formation in mind so the others get it.

The uniformed personal said okay and the queue moved immediately, not quite the way I envisioned, which was more orderly and under proper shade, but all got out of the sun at least. Eventually those on the green would get the sun still, I hope someone else would be wise and bold enough to move the queue to the shaded corridor as I initially envisioned then, for I would be long gone.

Anyway, you are all welcome, even though none of you thanked me. =P

If only changing the nation is as easy.

I entered the room at 10:41 hours, the identity check, finger inking, retrieving ballot tickets and making my vote took less than two minutes.

Went to the toilet to relieve my bladder after the vote and did a final time check: 10:43 hours. So the whole process took 45 minutes, primarily in queue.

For a better country, I hope

Haven't a clue who I just voted, only thing that matters to me was the political party.

My political view has not changed since five years ago, and I do think I wrote a pretty good piece so I am not going to repeat it, just check out that entry if you are interested.


Hot Indonesia Curry!

While I know exactly what I meant with that title, took me a while to remember how I came up with that.

The meaning is multi-languages translated, here's the first step: 印尼咖喱辣.

Should be easy to figure it out then. =)



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.



No comments: