27 January 2011

Vocabulary Lesson with CK (January 11)


knackered adjective

Haven't done a vocabulary lesson for a long while now (good job slacker, +1 slacker point! ^_^).

Initially was just going to titled the entry with "Knackered" and then go on with my grumbling, but since I intended to explain that word, so might as well make it a vocabulary lesson. =)

I learned this adjective while I was in the UK, it means very tired, or extremely exhausted.

And yes, I want to gripe about being very tired lately, have been extremely busy since I was back from the business trip more than a month ago.

Still have to burn the midnight oil tonight to complete the report which sums up all the hard, frantic work since the trip. I am truely fatigued and looking forward to the Chinese New Year holiday, goodness knows I need the break.

Anyway, learning should be fun, so let's forget about my whine and go back to the lesson.

Now, think of a thick British accent saying "Good grief, I am knackered!"

Yes, it sounds like "naked". =P

No comments: