30 November 2008

Happy Birthday Wen Wen!

Even though she wrapped my car, got caught in the action and blatantly denies it;

even though she kicked my butt in foosball so hard that I am now afflicted with foosball-phobia;

even though she never invites me to any of her fun and happening events...

I forgive her since I get to play pranks on her am such a nice person.

=P

As Wendy's birthday approaches, I decided for a change to do something nice for her, as usual.

Wendy blatantly stated that she wants a gardenful of flowers for her birthday, but with the economy crisis and me being generally poor crisis or not, real flowers are out of question.

Nope, no can do, no money ler!

So I used my whip and forced coordinated the colleagues to make a paper flower garden for Wendy instead. The colleagues responded fantastically and Wendy got plenty of flowers, some garden insects, a monkey that she recently said she wants, chicken little, a candy, and even doo-doo (yea, there are always some weird people).


Nothing says cheap sincerity better than hand-crafted gift!

Her actual birthday is today but we gave her the card on Friday. I think she likes it. =)


I pointed a gun at her to make her smile for the camera

It's 30th of November now, so happy birthday Wen Wen! =)


Since I am not Walt Disney, I don't have to end everything with a happy or cheery ending, so here's what I think will happen to Wendy's garden...

Behold my amazing* artistic prowess! Ending number 1:
* kindergarten standard


Wen Wen's garden of poos!

Monkey and alien poo flower fling doo-doo at each other and the garden was full of shits in no time.

Ending number 2:

pest control anyone?

The snail had a feast and the garden was ruined.

Hehehehee. =P



It's interesting to note that I got some ribbings and fun poked at me for coordinating this paper flower thingy. Apparently there must be something fishy going on between Wendy and I for me to be doing this, since you know, a guy and a lady can't be just friends if they were being nice to each other.

*roll eyes*

As for the fear of me "spoiling the market", all I can say is that if my friends were truely treating me nicely, they deserved to be treated nicely in return.

I treat people the way I want to be treated, I am nice to those who are nice to me. Stephen Covey has a fancy term called the emotional bank account (EBA), those who have deposited in my EBA deserved me spending the time and effort to make their day.

Friendship, similar to any lasting relationship, is a two way traffic.

5 comments:

江边鸟 said...

I prefer ending #1, because my "flower" *ahem* is in it :)

Nice drawing ler ~

Anonymous said...

I think the ending will be the flowers are going to be as beautiful as ever, like the owner, hehe...
Happy Birthday, Wendy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

A very BIG thanks and *HuGZ* to everyone who contributed to my garden, it is really a masterpiece!! Love it lots...and no, CK did not point a gun at me to make me smile for the camera, it was a very sincere smile, straight fr my heart to receive such a lovely and thoughtful gift! Not too sure about the ending though..poos and flowers' sad ending.. i would prefer a Disney's Live Happily Ever After' sort of ending... but i guess CK's creativity just overtook him! (man, he can draw!!) As i said, his son would be very happy indeed.. daddy can take care of his art classes assignment:) Friends like you guys/gals are da best! And nope: There isn't anything fishy going on..CK is just being the very very nice guy that he is!! I guess he was grateful I was helping to 'investigate' (part of CSI Pg team) his car-wrapping incident! The culprit was simply too smart, outwitted all of us..*sorry* CK.. no evidence found! :)

CK said...

Just in case you are wondering...

Yea, I pointed a gun at Wendy to make her write something nice and all that thank you, CK is nice stuff.

=P

I see that Wendy is still in denial about wrapping my car even with the photographic proof!

Wendy, acceptance is the first step of recovery...