24 September 2016

Wasted


Recognition dinner yesterday evening.

It's good to be recognised, especially since I am the kind who like to resolve something before the impact is serious. You know, pre-emptively resolve issue before it becomes deep shit.

Unlike some colleagues who would leave issue until it's seriously messed up, until the management noticed it, so they can be the hero who saved the day. Gotta say they are the ones the management remembers, and so they are usually the ones being recognised.

Me? I consider myself successful if I resolved an issue before management even notices it. If I did my job well, there would be no issue that concerns the management. Of course, this has the downside of the management not knowing the effort and time I put in.

So yea, I don't get that many recognitions.

Anyway, recognition dinner yesterday at a fancy restaurant, I am glad I am remembered, since my part was done early in the project phase, and it has been smooth ever since. I guess I did a good job.

But I started to develop a headache just before I left for the dinner, I think it's due to tiredness. Wifey advised me to rest and not to go to the dinner, which I foolishly ignored.

When I reached the restaurant, it has become a splitting headache, plus I probably got motion sickness on the way to the restaurant. So I have lost all appetite.

A couple of satays, a few sushis, and some pieces of fruit. That's all I managed. None of the seafood, meat or any other goodies. And I threw up before I left, so I pretty much wasted everything.

As soon as I was back home I took a quick shower and hit the bed. Dead to the world until two in the morning when my hunger woke me.

Wifey is always right, should have listened to her.

Still, it's good to be recognised.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: