26 May 2018

Inner storm


It's raining outside.

Cold, gloomy, sombre.

It's melancholy inside.

Dull, dejected, despondent.


That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

Well, that's the hope anyway.

Hope, the thing that keeps many of us going.

Instead of just giving up, lying down and die.


There are ups and downs in life.

There's rainbow after the rain.

A new dawn comes after the night, regardless of how nightmarish it was.

And life goes on.


The thing with being rational and somewhat smart is I know all these.

Heck! I say these often enough to friends who could use a little lift.

And that's why I feel so conflicted.

The emotional and rational sides in turmoil.


Depression, I can't help it.

Despite my rationale, my willpower, my self-discipline.

I have no control over it.

The storm rages within.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: