19 April 2018

Show me the money!


Mommi is currently in rehabilitation, where doctors and nurses are trying to help her recovers and regains some critical abilities after her stroke.

Eventually she will be discharged and we intend to send her to a nursing home so she can get the support she needs, as well as relieving pappi as he can no longer cope with caring for mommi by himself.

For a nursing home with the level of support and care mommi needs, and with a nice and comfortable environment, the cost is substantial.

In order to find out just how much I can contribute to that cost, I did some accounting yesterday night, going back five years of my finance record.

I have always known that after all the expenses, I don't have much left every month from my salary, with some months going over the income.

The figure I get for the average of monthly expenditure over last five years is a sombre fact of just how bad my financial situation is.

Most of the friends and colleagues doubted me when I told them of my finance, well, the hard truth is that the average monthly expenditure over last five years is more than my monthly salary. My salary hasn't changed much over the last five years.

The increment I get every year is not keeping up with the inflation in living cost, so I am progressively getting poorer. No thanks to the government.

Only from the figures I worked out yesterday night that I realised I have been relying on all my bonuses and side incomes wifey managed to generate to keep us in the black. My monthly salary simply does not cut it.

That's just so... depressing.

It's clear that I won't be able to contribute my equal share of the cost among my brothers for mommi's nursing home cost. That doesn't sit well with me but it's a brutal reality that I have to accept.

It's just sad and disheartening that working my arse off is still not making enough to support my family.

Bollocks.

Show me the money! If only StarCraft cheat works in real life...



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: