15 January 2018

Rift


A rift is forming among my colleague friends.

I hate it.

From my point of view, this rift forming is due to misdirected anger.

I understand the anger and the frustration, the last reorganisation has been bad for some of us not of the original team job role that we got mapped under. And probably there's some preferential thing going on too.

The management may be saying one thing, but the job and tasks assigned to me is indicating another. I am losing my identity.

So yea I understand, since it's the first time in my career that I seriously considered changing group. It's that bad.

But this is not about me, this is about my colleague friends, whom are my closest friends from work as these are the first few people I met when I joined the company all those years ago.

It's really sad seeing this happening.

Misdirected anger, should really direct it at the management, which, to me, is the real cause.

Work life is not just about work. To me it's definitely not. Work is just something I have to do to get the salary, work life is a lot more than that.

The friendship made, the lunch chat, the camaraderie.

The badminton, the foosball, the tabletop gaming sessions.

And all those other social and fun stuff we do together outside of work.

Hope things will calm down and the rift will mend.

I sincerely do hope so.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: