10 December 2017

Revisiting Azeroth


Capitalizing the Black Friday sales this year, I bought the 6th expansion of World of Warcraft: Legion at discounted price.

Don't know why I keep on doing this, buying the expansion when I haven't played the game for years.

The last time I played was a few months in 2015, at that time I had the 4th expansion: Mists of Pandaria bought but spent the majority of my game time playing a new character on the Horde side, going through the low level contents.

The 3rd expansion: Cataclysm changed the world and the low level quests, so I wanted to experience that, but the game is so vast and my gaming time so limited that by the time my gaming spree ended, I was just at level 53, meaning I haven't even reached the first expansion: The Burning Crusade content.

Three years prior to that, back in 2012, and the first month or so in 2013, I was playing the content of the 3rd expansion when everyone else was playing the 4th. I managed to get a few of my Alliance characters to the Cataclysm's level cap of 85 when the others were 90, looks like I am forever behind.

I actually still have a few game cards left from years ago, each is for two months worth of game time. On impulse I activated one...

back after two years

This time, I am even further behind, three expansions worth of content. My highest character being level 85 when the max level of the 6th expansion is 110, urgh...

The game has changed so much that I had the urge to start fresh with a new character, but then I remembered my previous experience back in 2015 and knew I will never make it to any new content before my gaming spree ends. So I picked one of my level 85 and jumped in blind, praying for the best.

familiar, yet so foreign

Have to admit it's rather overwhelming. I probably spent more time reading online to figure things out than actually playing the game.

in Pandaria, we travel on a kite

I didn't even finished the first zone of Pandaria, the 4th expansion, when I hit level 90. Decided to not spoil my 5th expansion: Warlords of Draenor experience by being over-levelled, I jumped into the Dark Portal right away.

So basically, I pretty much have bypassed majority of the Pandaria content. Hopefully I will still have time to get back to it before this gaming spree ends. Will be over-levelled but nothing I can do about it, oh well. =(

parallel universe and alternate timeline stuff

Warlords of Draenor introduced this garrison thing, which is another thing that made me spent a lot of time reading online. I still don't really get all of it but I trudge along trying to get as much enjoyment as I can out of it.

garrison, another thing to manage

By the time I finished all the quests in the first zone of Draenor, my character was already level 97. Three more levels and it will be the 6th expansion: Legion content entry level. But there are still so many zones in Draenor and that darn garrison thing is not even fully upgraded.

I should go to Legion content when I hit 100 to not spoil the experience, but this garrison thing needs babysitting, dammit!

Guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

as a frost mage I can solo most enemy, but perhaps I should wait a few more levels for this one...

So many quests to do, so many zones to see, so many enemies to slain, so many items to loot, but so little time. I haven't even tried the new demon hunter class!

If only I can play 24/7... =P



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: