15 September 2017

That annoying EverWing spam


If you are a Facebook user and have a decent amount of friends, then you probably received some notifications from a Facebook Messenger game called EverWing, which currently has 12 million players according to the game splash screen.

Most does not seem to mind these notifications, or simply couldn't care less, but there are some who find them annoying.

I concur. They are spams really.

And I am also guilty of causing some of them. Got a bit carried away yesterday, sorry...

A friend broke me out of it sending a link about turning off EverWing notification. That's when I finally pause to think about it and realised I have been spamming.

Da horror! >_<

So ashamed of myself... for I really hate spam and scorn spammers with a passion.

Now I am one. Bollocks.

The friend suggested me to stop playing before I get on people's nerve (misspelled as nerf but I understand). Hmm... that's like asking those who like to post selfie, post food photos, post disturbing images, post political stuff, or caused all those cosplayers' photos to show up in Facebook to stop what they are doing, since they inevitably get on the nerve of those who dislike these things.

Oh well, the friend meant well, and I did spammed (da horror!), so I did some searching and reading online to see if there is any way around this.

Looks as if Facebook is not going to do anything about it, complaints filed months ago went unanswered. Probably because that's the intention of the game, spreading through notifications to attract more players.

Bummer.

Anyway, for those who are enjoying the game but annoyed by the notifications, here's a quick guide to turn off the notifications. Oh, the following images are from Windows PC version of Facebook Messenger since I am not a touchscreen fan. The mobile version should have similar options.

turn it off from the Facebook messenger group you are playing EverWing with

A quick shortcut to step 2:

 

As for not spamming the non-players, I only have partial solution since the game designed it into the Tournament Mission. The challenge player portion is the one that probably still need to spam someone (unless you skip it, which is a valid option), but the invite friend/group part is where I came up with a solution.

Just clone your existing EverWing playing group into many groups! =)

Well, just create new groups with the same players and ask them to only invite group from these cloned groups. Turn the notifications off, of course. =P

See the second image above, the one with the shortcut to step 2, all those dummy# groups are for this purpose. ^_^

Be nice to others, stop the spam.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.



No comments: