06 September 2017

Stressor


In two weeks time, there will be two holidays in the work week.

Well, one of it is a replacement holiday that my company chooses to have on Monday.

There is an unconfirmed rumour that maybe my company will replace the SEA Games win holiday in that week as well, making it a two working days week.

Sweet!

I was seriously thinking about taking that remaining days off to make a full week holiday.

Well, that's before I brought it up with wifey.

Because her immediate reaction was: "No! Too stressful for me."

Got to say I am absolutely crushed by that immediate reaction.

Me being home is stressful for her. That's so... hurtful.

As damage control, she explained that it's specific to when she is teaching the kids homework, when the home often becomes a war zone, and that she knows I don't like that high tension situation.

Yes I like the home to be peaceful and full of love, not full of negative emotions, anger and raised voices.

Is that wrong?

I like to stay at home, I am a home staying kind of person.

But now I know that I am actually inducing stress to wifey when I am home and she is teaching the kids homework, which happens every day.

Where can I go? Where do I belong?



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: