16 August 2017

Sandwiched


Off to work after the morning meetings as usual today.

Same route, same road user behaviour, same old same old.

Until about the midspan of the Penang Bridge, when the driver in front executed an emergency brake, which I in turn had to execute my own emergency brake to avoid a collision.

Before I could exhale and say "phew, that was close!" though, I got hit from behind, and propelled forward to bang the car in front.

Bollocks.

The driver in front got down, inspected the rear end of his CX5, didn't notice any damage and just left with a "nothing, no problem."

My MyVi is apparently not made of such tough stuff, neither is the Elentra behind.

The Elantra driver wanted to claim the insurance for the repair so there goes my badminton session, spent the afternoon after the meeting going to the police station to make the report instead.

The Elantra driver made his report later in the day so I guess I will have to send my car to the workshop tomorrow or the day after.

*Sigh*

I guess the good thing is nobody got hurt, still annoyed by the inconvenience though.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: