10 May 2017

I had a dream


We have many dreams every night, but we usually do not remember them.

I woke up remembering one today, there is a saying that dreams reflect what we feel subconsciously, and I think there is probably some truth in that.

In the dream I was working, but not at my own site, rather I was at some other site that I wasn't familiar with. I just arrived and was looking for a traveller's cubicle to settle down.

I passed by a pantry, and my attention was instantly drawn to the dirty mugs left in the sink, filled to the brim. Somehow that annoyed me immensely, thinking why would people just left their dirty mugs in the sink, how would the other use the sink? Such irresponsible and inconsiderate behaviour.

And I started washing the mugs. What's supposed to be a quick thing somehow turned out to take forever, the number of dirty mugs never seemed to reduce. In a dream, somehow we just accept this as normal and so I kept washing the mugs.

Colleagues went by, none said anything about me washing the mugs, some even greeted, the quick hello, good morning, that sort of things. Everyone seemed to think what I was doing was perfectly normal, like that was my job.

And then the little monsters woke me up, I think that's in their to do list for every weekend or holiday when I can sleep in.

Anyway, I can instantly relate my dream to what's happening in my work: the usual cleaning up of the mess created by the other colleagues, usually from other sites, who don't have the grace to admit they have made mistake and created a mess, and just expect others to resolve it.

Janitorial service, as one colleague puts it, clean up the shit the others made. 



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


1 comment:

CK said...

Unfortunately that's mainly what I do, fire fighting and cleaning up other people's mess.